A little about me


I love talking about a good book, but many of my favorite friends are far away. So let's talk about books here on the "Reading Along..." blog. Please be sure to post your comments here of what you are learning from our book.

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Way - Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus - Getting Ready to Read

This week we are starting a Lenten book discussion on Adam Hamilton's newest series, The Way: Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus.  This study is based on sermon series from 2012 which looks at the different locations where Jesus was in ministry, what the people would have understood about what he was saying, and how those words and instructions can be incorporated into our lives today.

I'll be leading a group at the Fairchild AFB Chapel on Wednesdays... but many of my friends have expressed an interest in reading along, we'll have our discussion here.  It is my intention to post each week on Friday - you'll have until the next week to read and post your reactions and responses. I am very excited about this opportunity to hear more of how Jesus would have me live, and I hope that you'll learn something, too.

The WA class will be watching a video to go along with each chapter, but copyright laws won't let me post that here.  I suggest going to the website for the Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS and watching Adam's sermon that inspired this series (click here).  The video scenes are used in the sermons, so you'll have an even more full look at how the places and stories intertwine.

I will be linking this blog to my Facebook page, but please do not leave your comments on Facebook - make them here on this blog - this will allow us a lot more privacy and space than Facebook allows.

You can subscribe on the right by email, RSS, or catch a new post on Facebook.  Please leave a comment if you're planning to join the discussion - it's good to know your audience.

So your next step is to get a copy of the book - it is available in hardback or electronically - I have mine in Kindle version.  And begin reading chapter one.  I'll be posting on Friday about Jesus' first opportunity to teach us - at his Baptism and through his temptation in the Wilderness... that's where our story begins.

Peace, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment